Better, Stronger and Safer with Kevlar® Fiber
It’s about daring bigger, pushing limits, being courageous, and helping keep people safe —DuPont™ Kevlar®.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber allows people to Dare Bigger. It’s used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. Yes, it’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, as Kevlar® brand aramid fiber continues to evolve and allow heroes to be heroes. But it’s also on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Invented almost 50 years ago, DuPont™ Kevlar® continues to take on new challenges, with our scientists continuously innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers, and governments. Together we’re bringing the strength, durability and performance of Kevlar® to new frontiers. Kevlar® aramid fiber is pushing boundaries and defying obstacles every day. Kevlar® is allowing everyone to Dare Bigger™.
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- DuPont™ Kevlar® in Mining Provides Increased Productivity
- DPT Announces Winners of Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Announces Millionth Vest Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
- Kevlar® Is Not Just About Yellow
- Fiber-Line Introduces New Cable Offering
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Marine Composites
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Ballistic Helmets
- Vehicle Armour
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Adhesives, Sealants, & Coatings
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® XP™ technology for Soft Body Armor
- Kevlar® Armor Technology
- Kevlar® Clean Technology
- Kevlar® Fibers
- Kevlar® Stretch Armor Technology
- Kevlar® Cut Technology
- Kevlar® Aramid Pulp
- Vehicle Armor Made with Kevlar® fiber
- Kevlar® XP™ for Hard Armor Technology
Kevlar® Thermal Protection Products Gloves & Sleeves
For hot surface contact hazards present in metal and glass forming foundries, DuPont created terry cloth made of Kevlar® fibre for use in heat-resistant gloves. Heavyweight gloves and mitts composed of 100% Kevlar® terry cloth and Kevlar® blends help offer a high level of protection for high-heat applications.
- Kevlar® Engineered Elastomer
- DuPont Kevlar® Conveyor Belt Carcass
New Search & Rescue Safety Glove from SEIZ
60,000 members of THW Technisches Hilfswerk (German Urban Search and Rescue Association) are better protected thanks to the new safety glove manufactured by SEIZ that incorporates DuPont™ Kevlar® and DuPont™ Nomex® fibres.
Fuel Hose & Tubing Solutions
Products from DuPont, including DuPont™ Viton®, DuPont™ Teflon®, DuPont™ Kevlar®, and DuPont™ Hypalon®, help improve F200 fuel hose and tubing performance, for proven gains in permeation resistance in automobiles.
Case Study: Cooling System Hoses
DuPont™ Vamac® and DuPont™ Kevlar® work together to help create cooling system hoses with exceptional strength, chemical resistance, and durability in automobiles.