Protect Your Greatest Assets with Personal Protective Equipment
Performing hazardous jobs comes with high levels of uncertainty.
From volatile chemicals to hostile enemies, the brave people who work in these high-stress fields rely on innovative personal protective equipment solutions from DuPont.
The world is changing rapidly. As more nations become industrialized and prosper, they develop a greater need for personal protective equipment. From first responders to industrial workers to warfighters, DuPont provides science-based solutions to address this need for protection.
We understand that those who do the dirty work aren’t made of stone, and we’re committed to providing solutions for keeping them as safe as possible from on-the-job hazards. Our personal protective equipment (PPE) solutions include some of the most trusted brands in the industry: Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic vehicle armor and cut and abrasion protection, Nomex® fiber for flame hazards, Tychem® garments for liquid and gas chemical hazards, and Tyvek® garments for dry particulate hazards. By collaborating with industries, communities, and governments, we can engineer and offer the latest personal protective equipment solutions that can help keep workers safe while they continue changing and improving the world.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Chemical Protection
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Chemical and Biological Hazard Protection
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Chemical Protection for Military and Police
- Bodyshop - Personal Protective Equipment
- Industrial Cleaning Services
- Decontamination and Remediation
- Paint Personal Protective Equipment
- Vehicle Armour
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- DPT Announces Winners of Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Announces Millionth Vest Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
- Fiber-Line Introduces New Cable Offering
INFORMATION & IDEAS
DuPont Guide on Chemical Risk Assessment
There are multiple protection needs to consider when choosing chemical protective garments. Performing a thorough workplace risk assessment is essential to selecting safe, comfortable and compliant chemical protective clothing for industrial workers.
Professor Tytonius & Tyvek® Protection
DuPont introduces Professor Victor Tytonius, the cyber scientist who specialises in worker protection and chemical protective clothing and materials.
Because Tyvek® Makes the Difference
Touch any garment from the comprehensive DuPont ™ Tyvek® product range and you immediately notice the difference. Antistatically-treated Tyvek® is a unique and versatile material that is tough and exceptionally low-linting, yet extremely light and soft. It is permeable to air and water vapour, yet repels water-based liquids and aerosols, as well as fine particles and fibres.
- Virus hunters search for the next deadly disease outbreak wearing Tyvek® coveralls
New Kevlar® Plant at Cooper River
The new plant near Charleston, South Carolina, together with our other global assets, helps DuPont meet strong and growing global demand for Kevlar®.
Safety & Protection
In the face of growing global industrialization, DuPont takes safety and protection seriously. Learn how DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and workplace safety performance to help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.