Industrial Cleaning Services
Industrial cleaning services includes everything from routine maintenance to tank cleaning, and workers can encounter a wide range of hazards in often difficult or dangerous conditions. In addition to consideration of the immediate dangers associated with the inhalation of fumes, exposure to hazardous particles, chemicals and biological hazards, it is important to consider long-term aspects of health risks. Selecting the right kind of protective clothing for the specific risk is essential.
Industrial cleaning services often involves working in explosive zones and/or confined spaces such as silos, ducts, aircraft wing sections and underground tunnels with safety harnesses and equipment that can generate a high level of physical strain.
Trusted chemical protection in extreme environments
Garments made of DuPont™ Tyvek® and DuPont™ Tychem® are tough, lightweight and available in a wide range of sizes. Garments are tear- and abrasion-resistant, maintaining the protection level throughout the application because the barrier fabric remains intact.
Design is not just a matter of appearance, and the devil is in the detail!
The overall design of a garment is a critical element to be factored into any assessment of a garment’s protective performance. Design is not simply a synonym for appearance. It has a major role to play in the garment’s fit and performance. Have you ever tried to slip a protective glove under the sleeve of a suit – and failed? Has a protective suit you were wearing ever torn at the crotch or armpit? Have the seams of a suit ever burst open as you were moving? Are the chin and neck exposed when the head turns? Are forearms exposed when performing overhead movements?
Protective suits made by DuPont are designed to help offer protection, comfort and freedom of movement.Manufactured garments by DuPont are subject to rigourous quality assurance procedures that include clearly defined frequencies for fabric, seam and garment physical property, barrier, fit testing and are subject to a visual quality inspection – going beyond the minimum requirements of the CE certification.
Innovative details for reliable protection
DuPont suits are specially designed to offer compatibility with other safety equipment. For example, garment hoods in the type 3-B Tychem® range or type 4-B Tyvek® Classic Plus range are especially designed for a tight fit around a full mask. Other new design features that help safety include (model specific):
- Seam technology considerations:
- Strong seams, stitched and overtaped with barrier tape, which have the same permeation barrier as the constituent fabric. A simple welded seam (one-step, lower-cost production) can have thin welded areas or capillary channels for ingress. DuPont suits are produced using a two-step of stitching and overtaping, so seams are strong and there is no compromise made with chemical permeation at the seam.
- Patent-pending “smart seams”, a new, patent-pending technology providing increased liquid spray hold vs. conventional stitched seams.
- Waist elastics that are glued in to help minimise stitch holes and maximise protection
- Zippers made of Tyvek® protective fabric
- Thumb loops (which are important when working with raised arms as they prevent the sleeves from riding up)
- Integrated socks (designed to be worn inside safety shoes or boots)
- Ankle flaps (combined with integrated socks) that fit over safety boots make an ideal seal.
Tychem® F2 Helps Protect Workers at Fertiliser Producer AB Lifosa
Lithuanian phosphoric fertiliser producer AB Lifosa uses DuPont protective clothing Tychem® to help keep employees protected and comfortable.
Rohm and Haas facilitates Employee Safety with DuPont Personal Protection
Rohm and Haas, a global leader in specialty materials, appoints DuPont to provide protection expertise at its 70 hectare site in Alsace, France.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
DuPont Guide on Chemical Risk Assessment
There are multiple protection needs to consider when choosing chemical protective garments. Performing a thorough workplace risk assessment is essential to selecting safe, comfortable and compliant chemical protective clothing for industrial workers.