DuPont offers specialized, cost-effective solutions that help brand owners, converters, manufacturers, tradeshops, and printers meet branding, performance, and sustainability goals.
With end-to-end design and application development expertise that cuts across industries, DuPont works with customers to create packaging innovations that support key business objectives.
Our broad range of specialty resins and advanced materials let customers do more with less. They inspire eye-catching solutions and help reduce packaging’s environmental footprint of products and processes.
Sealants and lidding resins preserve flavor, ensure food safety, and prevent waste and spoilage. Other resins and packaging materials keep medical and industrial goods safe and secure from shipment to shelf. Through collaboration, we create packaging innovations which make packaging lighter, reducing transportation fuel usage. And DuPont environmentally friendly printing solutions include a solvent-free thermal plate system for large-format printing.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers Solar Radiation Technical Study
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers Perishables Technical Study
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers Pharmaceutical Technical Study
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Tyvek® Plays Role in HAI Prevention
- Sustainability in Healthcare Packaging
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- Proven Microbial Barrier Protection
- X-Ray and Metal Detectable Plastic Resins
- Start Sterile, Stay Sterile
Tyvek® Retains Sterility after Aging
After terminal sterilization, Tyvek® can maintain the sterility of medical devices for at least five years, enhancing the sustainability of a medical product because it can be stored for long periods with no need to re-sterilize or re-package.
- Low Risk of Device Contamination
- Low Lint Means Reduced Risk
Meeting Regulatory Requirements
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging styles comply with the materials portion of ISO 11607-1:2006(R)2010 and meet all the acceptable performance criteria for bio-compatibility and other regulatory requirements.
- Measuring Properties of Tyvek®
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers for Pharmaceuticals
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers for Perishables
- Active Materials Packaging
- Wide Format Media
- Maps, Guides & Durable Documents
- Tags & Labels
- Ideas, Answers, and Examples
- Food Packaging
- Reusable Bags made from DuPont™ Tyvek®
- Tyvek® for Steam Sterilizable Bags
- Protective, Clean Peel Pouches